Friday, August 26, 2011

I'll Give It A Whirl!

Well hello there, beautiful!  I've decided to start a kitchen blog as I spend much of my time in there trying new recipes and preparing old ones.  Here is a bit of background: I absolutely love cooking and baking and hosting, though I am still relatively new to it.  I was raised pretty much on fast food and when we did eat at home, it was usually something like Hamburger Helper.  I'm not bitter about it but that's not at all what I want to feed my family.  My family includes a husband, a rockstar of a son who will be 5 in December, a beautiful little butterball of a daughter who is 4 months and a mom who lives with us...and stays out of the kitchen for the most part, these days. ;)  I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with our children and do a little photography on the side.  We enjoy spending time with our family, watching movies, playing games, bike rides, camping, doing projects around our home and working on our 1966 Valiant.  The bulk of my cooking and baking is homestyle stuff.  I'm not too daring yet to do the fancy stuff but maybe someday.  For now I'll stick to mostly Betty Crocker or handed down recipes. So that's a little about me and my family.  I'll start with my first recipe here later today.  I made my first apple pie from scratch last night.  I think I'll start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment