Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Italian Chicken

Tonight I had to use up some chicken breasts I had thawed yesterday for our BBQ but then we didn't have as many guests as I originally thought.  I didn't want to do anything too time consuming as Feenie's been extremely fussy all day so I decided on Italian Chicken.  I dunked the chicken in Kraft Light Zesty Italian dressing, rolled it in bread crumbs and Italian seasoning and then tossed it in the frying pan in a little butter.  I am still learning how to fry chicken.  The first round ended up needing the breading scraped off.  :-/ But the chicken itself was fine.
The second batch was much better and that's what we ate.  I'll use the leftovers for chicken tortilla soup tomorrow.
I also made "smashed" potatoes using the leftover baked potatoes from yesterday's dinner.  I sliced the potatoes once long ways and three times width wise.  Dropped a pat of butter on them and a little sea salt.  I baked them at 425 for about half an hour then pulled them out and smashed them, added some seasonings and baked for another ten minutes.  We also had cooked carrots but I didn't take a picture of those.
For dessert I melted some Nestle's semi sweet chocolate chips and dipped some pretzels.  Simple and easy yet a nice little treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment