Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Favorites

Well, we're wrapping up summer here and I don't know about you, but here in MI it feels very much like fall!  In fact, I'm about to get the fireplace going and I LOVE IT!!! I absolutely love fall and winter and I'm more than happy to welcome the cooler seasons.

At any rate, I braved the cold winds and made us one last traditional summer meal (ok, it probably won't be our last); BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, melon trio, macaroni salad & cole slaw.  I didn't make it all as we were gone for part of the weekend, but here's what I did make:

BBQ chicken: stabbed the boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a fork a few times on each side.  Rubbed them with Famous Dave's Steak & Burger Seasoning (works on chicken, too).  Dumped some Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Honey BBQ sauce on one side and Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce on the other.  I grilled them on low until the thermometer showed they were 180 degrees.  It was juicy (again, a pleasant surprise) and flavorful.

Baked potatoes: stabbed them a few times with a fork, brushed with butter and added a little sea salt.  Wrapped them in foil and baked them at 350 for about an hour.


The rest of the sides were pretty self explanitory or pre-made.


We also have chips & salsa and a cheeseball and reduced fat Wheat Thins sitting around as we prepare for a little Rock Band/Guitar Hero.



And yeah, that's a Christmas light shaped spreader.  It's all I have for spreading. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment