Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicken Pot Pies, Chocolate Covered Berries and Cake Pops

So I picked up one of those rotisserie chickens at Meijer this evening but didn't want just plain old chicken.  So I took it home and took out my aggression on it...okay, really I just ripped the meat off it.  While I was doing that I prepared a bag each of frozen corn, peas and carrots.  I mixed the veggies and chicken in with two cans of chicken gravy then poured it into the ramekins.  I covered each with a crescent roll.  Yup, lazy.  Well, if I had a crescent sheet instead of the rolls I would've done it a little fancier but this was all I had so I slapped it on there.  I stuck them in the oven for 10 minutes at 375.  They probably could've used another minute or two for a little crispier crust but they were delicious!







I also tried to make chocolate fruit clusters.  They were a cluster alright!  The chocolate just came right off when I went to pick it up. :-/  They looked pretty, though!


And again, I made some cake pops...a day late but they're cute and Ewan's church group will enjoy them! Here's how I make them:
Step 1: Bake a cake.  I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow, this time.
Step 2: Combine cooled cake and half a can of frosting.
Step 3: Melt a few of the melts just to dip the sticks in.
Step 4: Roll cake & frosting mixture into balls and insert one dipped stick into each ball.
Step 5: Cool in freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 6: Melt chocolates (I do this in the microwave for about 90 seconds and stir it in 30 second intervals).
Step 7: Dip cake pops in chocolate and place in foam. I got some florists foam at the dollar store and have used them several times.  I should get new blocks soon.
Step 8: Add sprinkles or other toppings as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment