Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter eggs, pulled pork and cookies!

Hi all!  Sorry it's been a while, I think I have a few entries in my files that I never did post but in the mean time, here are a few pictures from the kitchen this week. 

We dyed Easter eggs the old fashioned way; boiled eggs, let them cool, used a cheap egg coloring kit and had fun!








I also made pulled pork for the first time in the pressure cooker.  It turned out amazing and I'll definitely use Montel's recipe again!


I served the pulled pork with sweet potato fries (a new family favorite) and garlic bread.

 Ewan and I made some fun Easter cookies, too.  They look pretty cute if I do say so myself!




And finally, a note to those who like to make themselves feel better by judging what I prepare by a few sporadic posts on a kitchen blog: Just because I make something, doesn't mean I eat it.  And even if I do eat it, I don't eat a lot of it. Often times we have extended family or friends over.  We ALWAYS have leftovers, sometimes days worth of them. There's actually some effort and self control involved in maintaining my weight loss so please stop assuming I haven't learned anything from this process.  And that's the last I'll defend myself in this capacity.  That's not what this blog is about. Sorry for the soap boxiness. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment