Monday, August 13, 2012

So...how's it going?

Okay okay. Sometimes I am busy. This summer I've taught at a music conservatory, music camp, character building camp and vacation Bible school. We've been camping a few times and James was in Vegas for nearly a week.  I've gone on a couple of cleaning & organizing sprees which lead to one garage sale and a subsequent trip to the thrift store. To say it's been crazy would be a bit of an understatement. However, it is SO NICE to be back with little on the calendar for the next few weeks.

To kick off our return to "normal", I spent some time in the kitchen today.  I made some puppy chow, used my new Pampered Chef brownie pan to make chocolate chip cookie brownie bars and for dinner I made chipotle lime salmon, brussels sprouts, angel hair pasta in creamy Italian herb sauce and cheesy garlic biscuits.

Let me tell you about Lawry's marinades. You all know I'm probably their biggest seasoning salt fan but today was the first time I tried one of their marinades. Listen closely (okay, read closely, whatever) IT IS VERY VERY SPICY!!!! At least this particular chipotle lime one is. Seriously, you guys. My nose is still running and my lips are burning. That said, it was really good! I'd use it again but maybe a little more gingerly.

At any rate, here are some photos and it's good to be back. This week I'm leaning toward ham & scalloped potatoes, maybe a pressure cooker chicken and some chicken soup with the leftovers and...well, stay tuned and I'll try to keep you updated.







No comments:

Post a Comment